Carrying It Forward
Ignatius House welcomes all people who come here in search of “something” and ultimately experience what matters most in their lives – GOD – and the experience is profound. We know that this experience, this encounter with the God who loves us, is transformative and it is our privilege to be the caretakers of this sacred space.
Ignatius House relies on the generosity of benefactors and donors to help us keep this sacred space welcoming and open. We do not receive sustaining funds from the Archdiocese or the Province, and ask you to please consider a donation to Ignatius House as a sustaining monthly donor or with a one-time gift.
We are able to partially offset some of the operating costs with fees from retreats and other programs, but we need your financial support so that we can continue to lovingly care for this retreat house and the beautiful grounds.
Ignatius House Retreat Center is a registered 501(c)(3) organization and your charitable gift is tax deductible. Donations of all types are accepted including cash, stocks or other marketable securities, insurance proceeds, and bequests. If you have any questions about a donation or would like to discuss the best way to financially support Ignatius House, please contact Cathi Spornick, Director of Development. She can be reached at 404.255.0503 extension 227 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
STOCKS, BONDS AND OTHER MARKETABLE SECURITIES
To donate marketable securities to Ignatius House Retreat Center, please contact Bill Spalding Wealth Management for assistance with the process and documents:
Bill Spalding Wealth Management
One Buckhead Plaza
3060 Peachtree Rd, NW, Suite 250
Atlanta, GA 30305
Tel: (404) 255-3331
Toll Free: (888) 255-9899
What Will your Donation Do?
Your financial support will go to the general support of all programs at Ignatius House. Your donation will:
- Provide a retreat weekend for a homeless neighbor in transition and recovery through the Ignatian Spirituality Project
- Allow us to give partial or full financial assistance to someone who cannot afford to pay for a retreat
- Support the many programs, book studies, and Days of Reflection open to the public
- Help maintain the serenity and beauty of the 20 acres for all to enjoy
- Foster an environment that allows the full mission of Ignatius House to flourish
All donations can be made online or by mail.
Checks can be mailed to:
Ignatius House Jesuit Retreat Center
6700 Riverside Dr NW
Atlanta, GA 30328
VOLUNTEER YOUR TIME
The volunteer auxiliary welcomes and needs your help! Volunteers are organized to support Ignatius House in a variety of ways from office volunteers during the week to helping with making copies, answering phones, and mailings. Volunteers are also needed to help maintain the grounds, assist with event & environment needs during special events and serve as retreat greeters to support our retreat ministry. If you are interested in volunteering in any way, please contact Ignatius House at email@example.com or see the current volunteer opportunities here.
Ignatius House collects and maintains the following type of donor information:
- Contact Information: name, address, telephone number, email address
- Giving History: gift amount, gift type, date of gift, any gift restrictions requested by the donor
- Information on events attended, publications and communications received, any special requests for program information
- All information is confidential and kept on file for IRS purposes. Information is also used to analyze overall giving patterns in order to make accurate budget projections.
Ignatius House will use confidential donor information for the following purposes:
- Distributing receipts for donations
- Sending thank you letters to donors
- Informing donors about news and events
- Internal analysis and record keeping
- Reporting to relevant Federal and State agencies
- Contacting donors about changes to this policy
Ignatius House Retreat Center does not sell, trade, rent or share the names, addresses, telephone numbers, or e-mail addresses of our donors.
Ignatius House publicly recognizes donors by publishing names in various publications, unless the donor explicitly requests to remain anonymous. Donors may contact Ignatius House to request that they not be included in such publications.
Director of Development
404.255.0503 extension 227
GET INVOLVED WITH OUR PARTNERS IN MINISTRY
Weather you connect directly with any of these worthy organization or choose to support them through Ignatius House, the word is out – you will get more than you give…
“It provides something in life you just can’t buy”; “although this job doesn’t pay me anything, in some ways I feel like it’s the best job I ever had” ISP Volunteers
“CLA was a very significant part of my spiritual and professional development. Now, almost 3 years after I finished CLA, I’m still calling on those leadership lessons I learned!” CLA Member
Helping Those in Need